Privacy and cookie policies
The Institute of Biology of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) located in Cto. Zona Deportiva S/N, CU, Coyoacán, 04510 Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico, and internet portal IBdata ibdata.ib.unam.mx, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and in this regard we inform you of the following:
1. For what purposes will we use your personal data?
We will use the personal data that we collect from you for the following purposes that are necessary for the service you request:
• Personal data
Additionally, by registering on the website you are accepting that we may use your personal information for the following secondary purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but which allow and facilitate us to provide you with better service:
• Professional activities
• Marketing or advertising
In case you do not want your personal data to be used for these secondary purposes, please indicate it in the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The refusal to use your personal data for these purposes may not be a reason for us to deny you the services and products you request or contract with us.
2. What personal data will we use for these purposes?
To carry out the purposes described in this privacy notice, we will use the following personal data:
• Position or position held
• Educational trajectory
• Identification data
• Contact details
• Labor data
• Academic data
4. What information is shared with external services to the IBdata website?
External services may be used due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate the service
• To get a metric
• To perform services related to the website
• To help analyze how our website is used
In the data collected by third parties are:
• Facebook Business
• Google reCAPTCHA
5. The use of tracking technologies on our website through cookies
• Account management
• Developer Communications
• Functions of the website necessary for the user
The personal data we obtain from these tracking technologies is as follows:
• Identifiers, username and passwords of a session
• User preferred language
• User browser type
• Date and time of the start and end of a user session
6. Links to other websites
7. Underage users
IBdata with the address ibdata.ib.unam.mx It is a website for scientific and academic purposes developed by professionals in the field, so that at no time is it planned that there will be any prohibited content for underage Users.
8. Policies of use
• Use of language. Users must conduct themselves with friendly language and always within a framework of respect, for which the use of high-sounding words, profanity or inappropriate language, profanity, as well as all kinds of offensive words, displays of hatred or threats of violence is strictly prohibited. , that damage the moral integrity of people or public or private institutions.
• Discriminatory content. It is strictly forbidden to publish, by any means, discriminatory content that seeks to attack people by groups, based on their gender, their beliefs, partisan or religious ideologies, sexual preferences, or any other reason for marginalization. In the same way, it is strictly forbidden to publish defamatory or constitutive content of slander, threat or coercion. Any content that contravenes the foregoing will be eliminated, if the medium allows it, its access will be prohibited and, if applicable, it will be made available to the competent authority.
• Obscene or illegal content. It is strictly forbidden to publish content that goes against the law and good customs, that affects modesty and morality, as well as those that present tendentious, pornographic, racist, fundamentalist information or that affects public, ethical and moral order. Any content that contravenes the foregoing will be eliminated, if the medium allows it, its access will be prohibited and, if applicable, it will be made available to the competent authority.
• Copyright. The publication of copyrighted material of any kind, be it textual content, images, graphics, drawings, scientific content, videos, emblems, slogans, badges, logos and any element with reserved rights, without express permission, is prohibited. of the owner thereof.
• Security. It is prohibited to publish or share information that intentionally contains a computer virus or other type of programming mechanism that may damage, interfere harmfully or expropriate systems, data or personal information. Any intention or fact that is detected in this sense will be sent to the competent authority.
Any action by visitors that contravenes any of the above points will be considered a misuse of the IBdata website, which will have as a consequence, from the elimination of the content published by the User, the blocking of their access, or what the competent authorities establish as a possible sanction.
• On the origin of the contents. The contents published in IBdata under the domain of ibdata.ib.unam. mx are exclusively for informational purposes. The information presented is provided by the Institute of Biology, UNAM, each of which is responsible for its publication.
• About the veracity and accuracy of the information. Those responsible for the website are solely responsible for uploading and updating the information obtained from an extensive database created by experts in the field, so the truthfulness and accuracy of the information that is published is not the responsibility of the developers. In cases where there is any comment on the contents, we suggest you send it to us through the "Contact" section or by email email@example.com for verification and, where appropriate, correction by those responsible for the site.
10. How are personal data stored?
The personal data provided by the User is kept in the systems and databases of the Responsible Party, as long as the User continues to use the website, and as long as he/she does not request its deletion.
11. What protection does the data generated by the User have?
Although the Responsible, makes backup copies of the content hosted on its servers, however, it is not responsible for the loss or accidental deletion of the data by the Users. In the same way, it does not guarantee the total replacement of the data deleted by the Users, since the aforementioned data could have been deleted and / or modified during the period of time that has elapsed since the last backup.
The services provided or provided through the website, except for the specific backup services, do not include the replacement of the contents preserved in the backup copies made by the Responsible Party, when this loss is attributable to the User.
12. How can you access, rectify or cancel your personal data, or oppose its use?
You have the right to know what personal data we have about you, what we use them for and the conditions of use we give them (Access). Likewise, it is your right to request the correction of your personal information in case it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); that we remove it from our records or databases when it considers that it is not being used properly (Cancellation); as well as oppose the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known as ARCO rights.
To exercise any of the ARCO rights, you must submit the respective request through the following means: www.plataformadetransparencia.org.mx
To know the procedure and requirements for the exercise of ARCO rights, we make the following means available to you: ARCO Rights Guide
The contact details of the person or department of personal data, which is in charge of processing the requests for ARCO rights, are the following:
a) Name of the person or department of personal data: The General Directorate of Transparency (DGT) of the Ministry of Public Administration (SFP)
b) Address: 209 Barranca del Muerto street, San José Insurgentes neighborhood, CDMX city, Benito Juárez municipality or delegation, c.p. 03900, in the entity of Mexico, country Mexico
c) Email: Derechos.firstname.lastname@example.org
13. How to revoke consent or request deletion of your registration account?
You can revoke the consent that, if applicable, you have given us for the processing of your personal data. However, it is important that you bear in mind that not in all cases we will be able to attend to your request or terminate the use immediately, since it is possible that due to some legal obligation we may require to continue processing your personal data. Likewise, you must consider that for certain purposes, the revocation of your consent will imply that we cannot continue providing the service you requested, or the conclusion of your relationship with us.
To revoke your consent or request the deletion of your registration from the IBdata website, you should consider:
a) Through what means can the holder and, where appropriate, his representative, as well as the personality of the latter, prove their identity?
By email: email@example.com
b) What information and/or documentation should the application contain?
The email with which you registered
c) In how many days will we respond to your request?
Maximum 10 business days
d) By what means will we communicate the response to your request?
Through the email with which you registered
14. How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal information?
In order for you to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, we offer you the following means: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. How can you find out about changes to this privacy notice?
This privacy notice may undergo modifications, changes or updates derived from new legal requirements; of our own needs for the products or services we offer; of our privacy practices; of changes in our business model, or for other reasons.
We promise to keep you informed about the changes that this privacy notice may undergo, through the email with which you registered on the website.
The procedure through which notifications about changes or updates to this privacy notice will be carried out is as follows: Privacy and cookie policies
16. Your consent to the processing of your personal data
You when registering on the IBdata website:
"I consent to my personal data being treated in accordance with the terms and conditions reported in this privacy notice."
Last update: 01/19/2022